San Diego Bus Accident Lawyer
Experienced San Diego Bus Accident Law Firm
Bus Accident & Auto Case Results
DAVID Z. - NECK INJURY
PERSONAL INJURY M. L.
BRAD B. - BACK INJURY
When a bus accident occurs, the consequences can be significant, both emotionally and financially, not only for the passengers on board but also for their dependents and loved ones. Our legal system has in place a mechanism to ensure that the costs of bus crashes are borne by those at fault, not by the innocent passengers and their families. An injury that occurs while an individual is using bus transportation may entitle that person and/or his dependents and family members to compensation. An effective personal injury attorney can help you determine if you have a valid claim for your injuries, and, if so, how to maximize your recovery. Call San Diego Injury Law Center for free advice at 619-338-8230.
What to Do When an Accident Happens
What Qualifies as a Bus for Purposes of a Bus Accident?
Greyhound and Tour Bus Accidents
Statistics By The Numbers
Here are the most common causes of train accidents:
Other noteworthy train accident statistics include:
Primary Causes of Trolley Accidents
How Can Our San Diego Trolley Accident Lawyers Help?
San Diego Injury Law Center accident injury lawyers are experienced trolley car accident attorneys. We have represented people that have been injured while riding on the trolley‚ and also people who were struck by a trolley. We have been able to attain favorable settlements for our client’s claims because we have been handling trolley accidents for years. If you or someone you know has ever been in an accident involving the San Diego trolley‚ please call San Diego Injury Law Center for a free consultation.
Call Now for Free Advice! San Diego Injury Law Center (619) 338-8230.
Trolley Accident Case Questions
A court may find that the responsible party owes you for:
FREE CASE EVALUATION
Types of Bus Accidents in San Diego
Bus accidents in San Diego are, unfortunately, a common occurrence thanks to the wide reliance on buses to get us from place to place. As a bus accident lawyer, we see some common bus accidents, including but not limited to the following.
- Passenger van accidents: Several organizations like churches, schools, local charities and more will have passenger vans for transporting people to and from events. However, when loaded with 10 or more people, these vans can have a high chance of rolling over and causing severe injury when an accident occurs. In fact, several insurance agencies have actually stopped insuring passenger vans that carry 15 or more people. If you are in a passenger van accident, you shouldn’t be responsible for any medical expenses or other related charges.
- Public transportation buses: Public buses are growing in popularity but still have a dangerous reputation. You’ll notice there aren’t any seat belts or airbags on public buses, increasing the chance of injury when an accident occurs.
- School bus accidents: When you place your kids on the school bus daily, you trust that they’ll be safely delivered to school without harm. The sad reality, though, is that between 2010-2019 10,000+ injuries were reported each year as the result of a school bus accident. If you or your child has been injured in a school bus accident, you may be able to receive compensation.
- Shuttle bus accidents: Many businesses like hotels, airports or stadiums will utilize shuttle buses to help get guests to and from large venues. But accidents can occur even during these short trips to and from locations.
What are the most common causes of bus accidents in California?
The cause of bus accidents in California can vary greatly, but there are some common themes we see as bus accident lawyers.
- Driver error: Frequently, the cause for an accident is due to a human error made by the bus driver or another driver on the road. This type of negligence is common and can range from distracted driving to failing to stop at a stop sign. Since bus drivers have commercial driver’s licenses, they have more legal responsibilities than the average driver and can be held responsible for the accidents they cause.
- Malfunction of vehicle: At the end of the day, buses are just large machines that can break down and have defects like any other equipment. Sometimes it’s found that an accident is due to a vehicle malfunction or defect. This can include a brake error, airbag defect, tire issue or other mechanical problems that cause an accident.
- Inclement weather: Bad weather is also a cause for bus accidents. While some companies that operate buses will stop service during inclement weather, if a bus driver fails to adjust their driving for the weather conditions appropriately, they can cause an accident.
How much do accident lawyers charge in California?
While each bus accident lawyer can charge different rates, most work off of contingency fees. A contingency fee is paid if you win the case and will require you to give your attorney a portion of the settlement. Usually, this is around 33% of the settlement money. If you don’t win the case, you will likely have to pay court fees and other expenses, but you should not be required to pay a lawyer fee. Make sure you fully understand what fees you will be responsible for before hiring an attorney.
What kind of compensation can I get for a San Diego bus accident?
How much compensation or settlement you receive for your case will depend on several factors, including the extent of your injuries, the judge or jury that hears your case, and who was at fault. You can get bus accident compensation for several things like:
- Property damage – If your car or property was damaged during the bus accident, you could receive compensation for its value.
- Medical expenses – Whether it was an ambulance ride or a more extensive procedure you had to get as a result of the crash, any medical expenses can be compensated in a bus accident settlement.
- Loss of income – If you missed time away from work or lost income as a result of the crash, you may be entitled to that money in your settlement package.
- Pain and suffering – Some things are hard to place a monetary value on but still require compensation. You can ask for money related to the pain and suffering you experienced due to the crash.
Speak with a qualified bus accident attorney to understand your options during the settlement. Make sure you get all that you’re entitled to.
San Diego Bus Accident Statistics
Every year, the National Safety Council and Federal Motor Safety Carrier Administration puts out a report outlining information on large trucks and bus accidents. Some sad but true statistics outline the frequency and danger bus accidents pose every day.
- Reports show that between 2011 to 2020 deaths reported as the result of school-bus accidents were 70% occupants of other vehicles other than the school bus. 16% were pedestrians and 5% were school bus passengers and drivers.
- In 2020, 68% of large vehicle injuries occurred to occupants of other vehicles – not the truck.
- Most fatal large vehicle crashes occur in October.
Due to their large size, buses are more likely to cause serious harm to the occupants of the vehicle or person they hit, causing irreparable damage and harm. Don’t be another bus accident statistic. If you’re in the San Diego area, the San Diego Injury Law Center can help. We offer free consultations to determine if you have a viable case, and you pay nothing until we win your case.
Common Injuries from a San Diego Bus Accident
Bus accidents can cause serious and permanent injuries to those involved. Some common injuries that we’ve seen include:
- Spinal Injuries
- Brain Injuries
- Burn injuries
- Wrongful Death
- Broken bones
What is the statute of limitations on a bus accident case in California?
As you consider the statute of limitations on bus accident settlements, keep in mind that the timeframe for civil cases is different than that of criminal cases. In California, you have two years from the time of the accident to file a civil lawsuit. This includes any wrongful death or personal injury cases. To make sure you file your claim within the statute of limitations, make sure to contact our bus accident lawyers to get the help you need ASAP. Consultations are always free!
Do I need to report a bus accident to my insurance company?
Reporting a bus accident to your insurance company is different than reporting a car accident. A few things should be considered when reporting your accident:
- Was your car damaged? If your car was damaged or totaled in a bus accident, you should report it to your insurance company immediately.
- Are you injured? If you are injured as a passenger on a bus, you don’t need to report it to your own insurance, but you should report it to the bus company’s insurance. This is considered a claim against the liable motorist, and you could be entitled to compensation.
- Should I speak to the bus insurance company? Don’t let the bus insurance company bully you into a settlement without understanding your rights.
If you have questions about your legal rights or what you should or shouldn’t do, contact us at SDInjuryLaw. WE can help you pursue legal action sooner than later and ensure you get what you deserve. Plus, you won’t pay us anything until you’ve won your case.
Bus/Auto Accident Case Results
- $1.5 Million – Maricela S. – Bus Accident
- $1 Million – Personal Injury M.L. – Auto Accident
- $570,000 – Michael C. – Auto Accident
How can a San Diego bus accident lawyer help me?
If you’ve been injured in a bus accident, our trusted team of bus and car accident lawyers at San Diego Injury Law can help you get the compensation you deserve. Our team of legal experts is skilled at negotiating settlements, ensuring you don’t pay a penny until we’ve won your case. Here are some ways hiring a bus accident lawyer can help you:
- Reach settlement. Since most personal injury cases are settled outside of the courtroom, a San Diego bus accident lawyer can help you negotiate and reach a settlement with the insurance company. Having a third-party legal expert represent you ensure you have the best representation and helps you get the compensation you are entitled to.
- Speed up the claims process. Some bus accident cases can take months or years to settle. With the help of a San Diego bus accident lawyer, we can help you navigate the red tape and get your case resolved quickly.
- Represent you in the courtroom. If your case goes to trial, you’ll want a qualified legal representative for your bus accident case. We’ll go head to head with the bus company’s litigator, and argue on your behalf.
- Walk you through the process. Filing a civil claim is a daunting task. Don’t go at it alone. Hiring a San Diego bus accident lawyer can help you understand each step of the process, so you feel informed and empowered to your compensation.
Legal representation can get you the justice you deserve. Contact San Diego Injury Law Center’s team of bus accident lawyers today!