San Diego Injury Law Center –

What should I do if I’m involved in an accident?

The San Diego Police Department responds only to injury and hit-and-run accidents. If it is a minor hit-and-run, you may be directed to the nearest police substation to complete a report.

If it is a property damage accident, you should exchange information with the other driver. Information should include: name, address, insurance information, driver’s license number, date of birth, phone number, owner of the vehicle, owner’s address, vehicle year, vehicle make and model, vehicle license number and state.

Also note the date, time and location of the accident. Notify your insurance company of the accident.

Can I report a car left on the street for a long period of time?

Call the San Diego Police Department non-emergency number at 619-531-2000 and ask that the vehicle be marked for 72 hours. Once marked, if the vehicle is in the same place after 72 hours, it will be towed.

What is the phone number for San Diego Traffic Court?

The phone number for the San Diego Traffic Municipal Court is 858-634-1800.

How can I report a traffic related problem?

You can report traffic related problems in your neighborhood using the on-line Citizen Request Form. The form asks for information about the location and nature of the problem when it occurs, and whether you’d like to be contacted directly. Once submitted, the request will be forwarded to Traffic Division for follow up.

How do I get a fix-it ticket signed off?

Go to any SDPD area station. The officer on duty will confirm that you have repaired your vehicle and sign off the ticket.

Scroll to Top
Scroll to Top